Hello and welcome to anyone who has arrived here, either by chance or intention.
This is the place where I usually write the stories behind the miniature steampunk characters and room boxes I create (or let the characters write their own!). Hit the BLOG button to discover the stories.
As new characters or items appear on my craft stall or in the Etsy shop you’ll find more about them here.
If you press the ‘follow’ button on this page, you’ll get an email when a new article is posted.
At the very bottom of the page are tiny link buttons to things like my Facebook page and our Etsy shop where a wide variety of our characters and accessories can be found (and shipped worldwide).
I hope you enjoy your visit to the splendid world of Steampunk – Shrunk!
Items from Steampunk-Shrunk’s unique collection are now for sale at The Crispin Emporium, Street, Somerset.
Dates for Your Delectation
Here are the upcoming dates for Steampunk-Shrunk stalls around the country:
Saturday 23rd March 2019: Shrewsbury Steampunk Spectacular, St Mary’s Church, Shrewsbury, SY1 1EF, 10 – 4
Saturday 4th May 2019: Craft Fair at The Crispin Hall, Street. Somerset
Saturday 29th June 2019: Steampunk Day at SS Great Britain, Bristol
Do come and pass the time of day with us, if you happen to be in the vicinity of any of those spiffing events. We’d be delighted to meet you.
If you live too far from the events, do not despair! There is a wonderful and ever-growing online emporium where you can browse a selection of our wares. We ship all over the world. Take a look now by clicking the link below:
What Can I Buy?
Here is a list of some of what’s available at Steampunk – Shrunk!, what it costs and where to get it. Please note that all items are OOAK (one of a kind) which means you will be buying a unique object.
Room Boxes (further pictures and stories about the rooms available in the BLOG section)
Samurai Warrior –
1/12 scale poseable porcelain figure in bamboo display case with wooden helmet stand and helmet. The sword can be removed from the scabbard and the helmet is removeable and can be placed on the warrior or his stand. See this article for further details.
For sale at Crispin Emporium.
The Engine Room – Cardboard carrying case with wood, card, metal and plastic interior. Includes battery operated flickering lamp in furnace.
For sale at: Steampunk – Shrunk miniatures stalls or direct from maker. Please use contact form for enquiries.
Price £58 + p&p
The Case of the Tinker’s Time Machine – A little card case that opens up to reveal the tinker’s workshop, complete with his latest creation – a partially built time machine – on the bench. The room is crammed with details and the machine has multi-coloured flashing lights!
For sale on Etsy at the SteampunkDollsHouse
Price £85 +p&p
The Case of the Clockwork Emporium – Another cardboard case, containing a clockmaker’s shop. Every clock is a unique handmade model and there are pull-out trays of pocket watches in a wooden case. The set includes Scarlett – the clockmaker’s daughter, who will happily serve customers.
For sale on Etsy at the SteampunkDollsHouse
Price £112 + p&p
Figures (Further pictures and backstories are available in the BLOG section)
George Entwistle Esq. – Tinker and handyman to the gentry. George is a talented creator of time machines, several of which are hurtling through the ages and cosmos, even as you read these words. George wears a leather apron, with hammer, pencil and a rag for cleaning the machinery in its pocket. His goggles have a magnifying eypiece in one side to facilitate his meticulous tinkering.
For sale at: The Crispin Emporium in Street, Somerset
Books at 1:12 scale
All are usually available at Steampunk-Shrunk stalls (see above for dates and venues), direct from us via the contact form below or on Etsy.
Grimoire – A limited edition of 99 books, each individually compiled and aged. A perfect addition to (almost) any dolls’ house, witch room or diorama. This volume contains spells and charms, including detailed instructions for creating the philosophers’ stone and for travelling through time.
The text, minus illustrations, can be read in the BLOG section above.
For sale at: www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ SteampunkDollsHouse
Price £6.00 + p&p
Here, for information, is a list of all the books currently in print with links to their blog posts, so that you can read the scripts. All can be supplied via mail order with p&p extra.
Note: DIY books are A4 sheets, printed with the full illustrated book and covers, with detailed information on how to construct it. You will need scissors or knife, a glue stick and great patience!
- The Alarming Clock available as a digital download DIY book for £2.16 from www.etsy.com/shop/SteampunkDollsHouse.
- Molly – by Herself (DIY book) Available as a digital download DIY book for £2.16 or as a ready made item at £3.50 from www.etsy.com/shop/SteampunkDollsHouse.
- The Magical Mechanical Bird (DIY book) Available as a digital download DIY book for £2.16 from www.etsy.com/shop/SteampunkDollsHouse.
- The Vital Chapter (The text is printed in blue towards the end of the linked post.) The ready-made book costs £5.00 from www.etsy.com/shop/SteampunkDollsHouse
- Journal (ready-made book) It contains a few pages of her Ladyship’s notes. The rest is blank and it costs just £3.00cThe journal entries are based on the linked story.
- Heart of Glass (a ready-made book) It was serialised here – Part 1 and here – Part 2. It costs £4.50 from www.etsy.com/shop/SteampunkDollsHouse
- Diary of a Tinkerer My personal favourite! A ready-made book which costs £4.50 and was serialised in four parts at these links: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 and Part 4.) It is for sale at www.etsy.com/shop/SteampunkDollsHouse Note: Young Henry was last heard of piloting an airship somewhere, although an older and wiser version of himself – such things are possible with time-space anomalies – resides with me and is not for sale! His original engine room, however, is still available – see above – at £58.